Friday, February 18, 2011

The Pillows

The pillow project was the second time, besides the chair, that i got the supreme satisfaction of seeing my prints on a piece of fabric. something to me, that is just as satisfying as eating your favorite chocolate. i felt like i could run around the block, which says a lot for someone like me who prefers sitting as much as possible.

how fun is that???
my camera, nor my camera phone did these colors any justice, but here are some in yardage form:














then it dawned on me: i was never taught to sew. i have 8 pillows to make in less than a week...my supportive boyfriend bought me a great sewing machine for christmas, and his mom (who owns "THE CADILLAC" of sewing machines, and did the alterations to my giant bridesmaid gown flawlessly) bought me the go-alongs...like scissors, pins, pin tomato, etc. SO what's the best thing to do? haul everything, including the big dog who panics in cars, over to her house.

then...she introduced a magical thing to me....A SERGER.


i was NUTS about it. i zipped through all the pillow cases in about 3 hours or less, while slamming chips-ahoys, looking like i've been doing this for YEARS. and voila:
















i wonder what my next project should be?

1 comment:

  1. I am so impressed with your fabric. Great job.

    ReplyDelete