Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Evolution of a chair!

i am currently working on making this page look amazing, so please be patient =)

so here it is...i finally made my fun dream come true...to see my print in production, and used on a piece of furniture. who needs to hide behind some brand name label? my style is too bold for most as it is... i've decided to go independent

the first photo (which is the last one on the post) is of the quirky inspiration I had for this print...an amazing design that my olive oil made in the pan right before making some yummy chicken tacos. I decided to take it and run with it, and here we are, with my very first (of many) chairs. let the dream come true begin

after many, many hours of sanding, pulling staples, sanding, pulling staples, being scared to death of my air powered staple gun:

stretching fabric, giving up, then pulling it together, she's finally done!








10 comments:

  1. wow I like that an to think it all came from a idea from butter in a pan haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to you, Rachel! I will be reading your blog all the time. May be you find daily inspiration to express your creativity!!!!!!

    Crabby Girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this chair.

    Marking your post to come back and discover what new things you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's pretty cool. I would love for you to stop by my blog and join in the Winter Blues Wednesday link party I am hosting. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3/08/2011

    Truly amazing - and original! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm amazed at how beautiful that fabric is and your inspiration was brilliant! How nice to see such beautiful creativity in everyday things...like oil in a pan. Good job! How do we buy fabric from you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!! I do have a random question for you... What is the model of your staple gun?? I have been searching everywhere for one!!! My email is k24morty@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girrrrrrrrrrl...you're very talented! I love where your inspiration came from(it'll make a great story) and the finished fabric is absolutely amazing! Im drooling over that chair! Great job all around.
    XO,
    Sarah(*found you from Better After)

    ReplyDelete